Programs and classes – at a glance.
Creative Writing Group
Get your creative writing juices flowing! Writing instructor Andrea Foster will be leading our group. You can practice prose, poetry, storytelling and/or songwriting. Feel free to drop in for one or all classes. No sign up necessary.
- Tuesday, Jan. 31st: 10:00 to Noon
- Tuesday, Feb. 14th: 10:00 to Noon
- Tuesday, Feb. 28th: 10:00 to Noon
Brown Bag Book Club
Noon to 1:00 pm. We’ll discuss the month’s book. Bring your lunch if you wish. Check with us about next program dates.
Let’s Talk About It Oklahoma Book Discussion Series
Our next book discussion series will begin in July and run through November featuring scholars from around the state. All 5 books in this series are in the theme. The scholar will give a short presentation followed by group discussion of the book. Books are available for check out at the library. Dessert and coffee with be provided.
- Friday, July 29, 1:00 p.m.: One Writer’s Beginnings by Eudora Welty
- Friday, August 26, 1:00 p.m.: Letters of a Woman Homesteader by Elinore Pruitt
- Friday, September 30, 1:00 p.m.: Dust Tracks on a Road by Zora Neale Hurston
- Friday, October 28, 1:00 p.m.: My Life by Isadora Duncan
- Friday, November 18, 1:00 p.m.: Blackberry Winter by Margaret Mead
Learn the basics about the Internet and computers. You can bring your laptop or e-reader, or we can work on one of our public computers. Schedule your one-on-one appointment with a library staff member. Call 262-2409 to sign up.
Thank you, Summer Reading Program Sponsors!
Mayor Matt and Elisha White, Boots to Bowties Event Center, Rukes Pharmacy, B & B Theatres, El Reno Bowl, Zcals, the City of El Reno, Ross Seed Co, the Friends of the Library and Oklahoma City ZooFriends. The library’s summer reading program is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Oklahoma Department of Libraries.