What is Summer Reading?
Summer Reading is a community tradition that promotes reading for fun and lifelong enrichment. We create a motivational framework for learning for all ages during the summer.
When does Summer Reading start?
Summer Reading begins on June 1st and ends on July 31st. You can being pre-registering at the end of May. Don’t worry, we’ll send you a reminder (if your email is on file) to let you know when you can begin logging.
Who can participate?
Any and everyone! Summer Reading is for ALL ages. Yep, even you!
What do I have to do?
Log your reading and reading activities completed in June and July. Once you complete 600 minutes reading, you will complete the program and be eligible for prizes.
What are the prizes?
- Beanstack Badges along the way
- Completion certificate
- Your choice between:
- 1 children’s book*
- 1 teen book*
- 1 adult book*
- Entry in Grand Prize gift drawing
*While supplies and selection last
Prize pickup begins in June. Visit your library to learn how to select and redeem your prizes. The last day to pick up prizes is Sunday, August 14, 2022.
How do I qualify for a goal prize and be entered into a drawing for a prize?
Everyone is eligible for a goal prize if they earn the 600 minutes badge by reading and completing activities.
To be eligible for a drawing prize you must earn all relevant badges.
How do I log points?
Log on the Beanstack Website.
Once logged in online, readers can log their reading from any page by following these steps:
- Click the “Log Reading” or “Log Reading and Activities” button in the upper lefthand corner of the screen.
- Select the accurate reader(s) and then the desired log type. Note that if readers are enrolled in a current challenge, they will only see the log types (books, minutes, pages, or days) used in that challenge. If they are not enrolled in an active challenge, they will see all active log types on your site. If they are enrolled in a reading list challenge, they will see an option to log for that challenge’s titles.
- Select the date for the reading session, keeping in mind that some sites may restrict back-dated logging so that readers can only log for dates up to 90 days in the past. Then enter any additional information, like title, author, and if they’d like to leave a book review. Note that some sites may have certain required logging fields, like title, and may allow or disallow logging multiple titles or completions at one time based on their site and challenge preferences.
- Click “Log.”
- The reading session will be added to their log and to any applicable challenge log. If warranted, the reader may earn badges, tickets, or rewards, which will pop up after logging.
Log on the Beanstack App
- Tap the + symbol in bottom center of the screen, select Reading, and select the accurate reader(s) if there are multiple readers on the account.
- Then, search, select, or scan the appropriate title, and select Log Reading.
- On the logging screen, click Change next to “Logging reading for Today” to select today or select a past date.
- Select the correct completion status, enter the time and/or pages of reading, and tap Done.
How do I install and get started with the Beanstack app?
Our friends at Beanstack have created a great video to help walk you through the process.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
You can message email@example.com anytime for support.
I don’t know what to read. Can you provide some recommendations?
This is what we do best! Visit your library so a staff member can help you find a few titles based on your reading preferences.