This FREE program challenges parents to work with children ages 0-5 to read 1,000 books together before entering Kindergarten. Sign up at the El Reno Carnegie Library and you will be given a learning packet with information.
Here are some tips!
- Register: Sign up at the El Reno Carnegie Library. Pick up program materials at the library or print them from our website.
- Track Your Reading: Fill in the bookworm by coloring it/marking it out on your reading record. One bookworm=one book
- Every Book Counts: Even if your child wants to hear the same book again and again, you can count it each time. You can also count the books your child hears in story time, in daycare or preschool, or with a friend or family member, as long as your child listens to the entire book.
- 100-Book Milestones: Each time you read 100 books, bring your reading log to the library to receive a special reward. Take home a new reading record for your next 100 books. Each time you turn in a completed reading log, you receive a free book.
- Keep on Reading: Don’t stop at 1,000! Keep on reading together; there’s more learning ahead!
Need to print a reading log? Click on download.
See our personalized El Reno Library Book List! All of these 100 books can be found at our library. Click on download.
20 Ways to Raise a Book Smart Baby!
Reading aloud to your child and sharing books at home are great ways to get your child ready for school!
Printable 1,000 Books Coloring Pages
Book Lists by Age Groups